Friday, June 6, 2008

The 1st week of summer.......

We are at the end of the first week of summer and boy has it been a little bit of a struggle. It's been overcast, rainy, and in the 60's all week, so outside play has been VERY limited, however I bought summer movie passes to the SCERA and the kids have been enjoying that. I created "Summer Homework/Activity Boxes" for the kids so that we can stay busy WITHOUT the T.V. and went to the school library and got a bunch of books to read. I hope it starts warming up, cause the kids are anxious to hit the pool! I am too....I feel I'm getting a late start on my summer tan. If anyone has any creative ways to keep your kids busy this summer, TELL ME! Hope your summer is safe and happy :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...you are ON top of it...My kids have all been parked in front of the TV and computer and have made up a lot of their own make believe games.

Brittney Smith said...

Wow sounds like you have quite the routine going. I am suppose to have my baby in two weeks, so I am trying to keep my kids occupied until then, and then everything will go down the drain real quick with a newborn. Oh well. Hope all is good with you guys!

Corinne said...

you should sign up for the go city kids newsletter. You sign up on line and then they email you a weekly list of things going on for kids in your area. Sounds like you are already on top of your summer game. I think if we compared tans, I may be the winner...for the first time in my life!!

Judy said...

Hey Brooke! So, your friend (and my daughter) Robyn never even told me you were living here again! How lame is that?? Sounds like you have a full and wonderful life with husband and kids and all that entails. Summer is always a challenge, but throw out those old markers and buy the ones that this old Grandma uses. The Crayola ones that don't mark on anything except the "Special" paper. A life saver...if not totally creative. Then whip up a batch of bubbles and edible play-dough and you are in business. Although finding a good sitter is always the next best option for the summer! And watch that tanning...you have great skin and just need to keep it that way!