When I think of summer I remember the trips to Southern California and heading to the beach when I was growing up. We would get a beach house and literally be on the beach for one solid week. I learned how to body surf and boogie board. Playing paddle ball and looking for sand crabs were serious business. And fish and chips while on vacation in Cali always seemed more delicious (Dana Point).
Anyway, memories are always remembered when listening to music you were listening too at the time. I grew up during the eighties with a dad who loved The Beach Boys, and back then the only way to travel with a big family was to drive, so music played a very entertaining part of our family road trips. So whenever I listen to them I think of the good old days of being a beach bum on the pacific coast.
While in California in April we were able to spend a day at the Oceanside beach and I LOVED IT! The beach is the easiest and cheapest way to entertain your kids for hours! And at the end of the day they are exhausted and conk out (moms favorite part of the day). I will not be getting to California this summer because we are building a house, however I hope to maybe continue the tradition of taking my kids to the beach most summers, whether it's in California or off the coast of Timbucktoo!
Well, I found this video and I apologize for it's poor quality, but hopefully you'll enjoy it anyway!
2 comments:
Liking your new blog look.
Love the beach boys...we listen to them all of the time.
Love the beach and love that we grew up in a beach house!
Thanks for the flash back Brooke! Classic memories.
There are a few things I loved about that video...the pointy boobs, the station wagon, and the couples surfing, on the same surf board of course. I love the 80s!
Post a Comment