Wednesday, July 16, 2008
A most worthy 5 year old
Last night we decided to go to Denny's for dinner since Tuesday night is "kids eat free" night. We are all sitting around the table waiting for our food when Sierra asks, "Mom, can I get one of those cards so that I can go to the temple?". I was totally blown away by the topic, because neither David or I were talking about anything religious and I found that question to be so innocent and freakin' cute. I asked her "you mean a temple recommend?". She said "yes, do you have to wear a dress?". David's reply was, "Yes, a modest one!!!!". I then proceeded to tell her that when she was 12 years old she would need to meet with the bishop to get "a card/temple recommend" and then she could do baptisms for the dead. Her eyes lite up and she got very excited....then Chandler chimed in and said, "I get to go to the temple first!". Needless to say, I was tickled pink to know that my kids are anxious to do temple work, and have the desire to go to the temple!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is so awesome...I am tempted to give somebody's primary leaders credit, but I know you guys just had your wonderfully perfect FHE on that topic. RIght?
How cute!
Very cool. Sam just turned 12 and got his recommend. We are going next week after scout camp. I'm not sure who is more excited, me or him : )
Post a Comment