Well, mom sold her house after it had been on the market for five months, and although we were anxious for her to sell and lower the amount of stress that comes with having a big home, I do say I was a little sad to see everything packed up and moved out. I was not raised in this home, because mom bought it during the summer of 1996, however most of my other siblings loved and appreciated this house for it's location and it's size. It not only fit a family with six kids, but was in close proximity to the high school and friends. I think I can speak for most of us kids when I say that although we were frustrated at times with all the "fix it" projects that were always going on, we will always appreciate the home and all the great memories that were created there. The Front: Raking tons of leaves, playing in the snow, Easter egg hunts, basketball games/Around The World and just vegging on the lawn will be VERY missed.
Living Room: Playing the piano, Christmas tree & stockings, friends and family get togethers and where all the baby showers were held :)
Ahh the Kitchen: Although mom had a 20 year old fridge and a gas stove that gave off gas fumes, this is where we always migrated.....where the food is of course. All the family Sunday dinner's, heated conversations between siblings and their spouses, card games and listening to music while making cookies/banana bread. Good times!
Family Room: "Ode to the blue couches". You may notice that the couches are green, however not long ago we had the blue couches that were as old as Megan and at the end of their life the cushions were very smashed and mom had taken a needle and thread to them more than once. As uncomfortable as they got, they will be missed. LOTS of movies, birthday's, sewing, wrestling matches, grandkid's playing, and who hasn't taken a date down to the basement and made out! There isn't a picture of the computer room, however plenty happened there too! Bills, T.V. and good, but crazy conversations. 3206 Apache Lane will be missed, but I am thrilled about mom's new home and all the GREAT memories we will make there!





3 comments:
You about had me in tears...I didn't even get to say goodbye.
This isn't the house that I remember all those great times in High School and your Mom not liking the boys that we brought home, but it is the only house that I could get to blind folded. It will be wierd not going there. Go figure that I am married and still meet you at your Mom's sometimes.
How sad! I can't believe that IIII just got choked up reading that, and IIII didn't even live there! I'll miss Indian Hills too. I didn't even get to say goodbye!!!!!!!
Post a Comment