Wednesday, March 19, 2008

farewell to nursing!

I never thought I would do it! I nursed both Chandler and Sierra until they were 11 months old (that's when they started walking), and then along comes Eli. He has been a tough baby from the start and my nursing experience has not been the same. I decided, with the support of my sister Corinne and my mom, to stop nursing and begin formula feeding. I was nervous and a little sad that I would not be bonding with him in that way, but actually I have felt rejuvenated and Eli seems to be a tad happier. Knock on wood! I can start eating less and exercise more. Yippee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for you! I hope Eli will be happier and you know how I feel about nursing, I think you are amazing for doing it sooooo long. I could never stick with it that long...but I have to admit eating less and exercising more was not the first things that came to my mind when I was thinking of reasons to quit....There again, you are more amazing than me!

The Bischoff's said...

Good for you Brooke! I couldn't do it with my kids! I finally realized that it was worse to have bad feelings towards my baby for wanting to eat all the time (not to mention that it HURTS!!) I'm sure you made the right decision!!! :)